The School of Nursing and Midwifery of the College of Health Sciences, University of Ghana invites applications for admission into the Bachelor of Science in Midwifery programme for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Three categories of applicants will be considered for admission to the BSc. Midwifery programme.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSCE) holders or its equivalent (will enter at Level 100).
- West Africa Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE) holders (will enter at Level 100).
- Diploma in Midwifery/ Nursing (all categories) (will enter at Level 200).
SSSCE holders must have passes (Grades A-D) and WASSCE holders must have credit passes (Grades A1-C6) in the following subjects:
Core Subjects: Three (3) core subjects comprising Mathematics, English and Integrated Science
Elective Subjects: Three Elective subjects from the following:
- Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Elective Mathematics
- General Agriculture, Physics & Chemistry
iii. Three General Arts Electives
- Two General Arts Electives plus Food & Nutrition
- Any three of the following Electives: Economics, Management in Living, Food & Nutrition, Chemistry, General Knowledge in Art and French.
Diploma to Degree Applicants
Applicants must be holders of a Diploma awarded by a recognised university, with a Final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of 3.0 or better.
Applicants will have their results verified by NAB/University of Ghana – these should be within the above specified grades.
There may be selection interviews.
For information on how to apply, please visit our website.
Deadline: All applications must be submitted by FRIDAY JULY 27, 2018.